Jun 28, 2011

Poisoned

"I don't want to die!" I cried as I gently rocked myself. I was a prisoner, locked in a cold, white room with no way out. The pathetic moans that tore from my tortured body soothed me just a little.

I grabbed my stomach, shredded by the awful demons. The pain was excruciating. Hot tears soaked my face and my neck, drenching my shirt with ruthlessness. I was helpless and alone, shivering from agony and the knowledge that I wasn't going to get out of this alive.

"Help me, help me," I whispered to no one in particular, rocking myself and clutching my body. "Help..."

The exhaustion was setting in. I hung my head and let the cold perspiration drip from my forehead onto my lap. I only focused on the short, shallow breaths that were sure to be my last.

"Help," I pleaded with a weary mind.

My breathing quickened, my heart rate took off, and I found the strength to moan again as the pain cinched tightly around my organs.

"I don't want to die," I panted through clutched teeth, feeling the tears well up behind my bloodshot eyes. I rocked myself slowly at first, but as the pain increased, the movements became spasmodic jerks. Frantic, desperate moans pushed their way out.

When at last the pain became more than I could bear, my body exploded once again. "Why?" I gasped, wiping my mouth with a weakly crumpled piece of tissue. "Why? Never again. Never...I'll never eat at Chick-fil-A again."

1 comment:

  1. This one was awesome. I could totally relate to what you were going through. I think everyone has gone through a moment like this were they are so sick they think they are going to die (or wish they would). :) Then the humor at the end was fantastic because once again I could totally relate.

    ReplyDelete