May 11, 2011

The Darndest Thing Happened...

There are many lessons we can learn from books, but what is really enjoyable is when we find the stories coming true in our lives. Earlier today, I read Max Lucado's "You are Special" to my boys. If you are not familiar with this story, it is about wooden people called Wemmicks who feel that it is their job to hand out either gold stars or gray dots, depending on others' accomplishments. Later, as I placed my baby in his high chair to eat some lunch, I was surprised to find a little gold star right on his shirt!

My three-year-old, Gabriel, is learning his alphabet, and doing a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. As we were reading an alphabet book together, he excitedly pointed to the letter "O." "Look, there's an O. Like, 'Gabe-ee-OH'!" I guess it's time to work on pronouncing his name.

My two older children (Jacob-4 and Gabriel-3) were reading a book together about the first Christmas. Gabriel proudly pointed to a picture and explained, "There's the angel Gabriel!" To that, Jacob sadly whined, "I wanted it to be angel Jacob!"

No comments:

Post a Comment